Sunday 19 October 2008

Star Charm



So it's Sunday evening and very, very windy. Almost all the leaves are now off the trees and we've got a huge pile up against our garden gate! Getting out in the morning might be interesting. 

So just to cheer me up here's one of my cute new little charms! I got into these when I was making some jewelry and needed some charms to finish them off. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted in the local shops (or on Etsy!) but have now managed to track down a supplier. I think they are really cute. I'm still experimenting with how to photograph them well - it's really trial and error right now. It's not helped by the fact that day light hours (or at least sunlight hours) seem to have been somewhat lacking today! 

2 comments:

Kim Caro said...

remember you can antique them by adding some brown paint and wiping them when they are gold! the brown gets in the cracks and the rest gets wiped off. :)

Rachel said...

Thanks for your comment Kim. All my charms are actually Sterling Silver so I'm very happy to leave them as they are. Thanks for the tip though.